Sunday, December 09, 2007

VH1 Classic needs better Researchers!!!

VH1 Classic is in the middle of a "Rock Band Countdown" to promote the new video game "Rock Band". Here are my observations and why I would do a better job than the ASS that researched and assembled the four part series. (Note: I am a huge RUSH fan, but I'm also a huge music fan)





Part one: Greatest Drummer... I did not find fault with the list, but the researchers and producers at VH1 Classic need to do a better fucking job!!! At number 10 in the countdown, they have Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden (although he could have placed higher). What bugs me about this is that they showed the video for "Run To The Hills" from the bands "The Number Of The Beast" album. Why am I mentioning all of this information - I'll tell you... Nicko McBrain wasn't on that fucking album!! Nor was he in the video!!! The drummer for Iron Maiden to that point was Clive Burr. I could do a better job than the fuck that produced the show. It could have been easy to find out such information - Iron Maiden's website or Allmusic.com.





Part two: Greatest Bass Player... Not many problems with the list... It was fair, but Steve Harris from Iron Maiden should have ranked a bit higher... But I digress... If you're going to show a 4 part series where you're going to have people from the same band winning in the different categories, find other videos to show!!! Part one was about Drummers, so Neil Peart from RUSH is on that list and they show the live video of "Tom Sawyer" from their "Exit...Stage Left" concert, so for part two on Bass Players, Geddy Lee of RUSH makes the list and what do they show??? The same fucking video as from part one!!! I know they have more than one song and one video!!!



Part three: Greatest Guitarist... Good list, and also fair. In the Bass Player part, Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath made the list and they showed a classic video of "Paranoid" - in this part Tony Iommi made the list for Guitarist, so what do they show?? "Paranoid" again!!! Same for Deep Purple (Roger Glover for Bass, and Ritchie Blackmore for Guitar) - they showed "Highway Star" in both parts. Eddie Van Halen, of course, made the list - but in my opinion, I would not have showcased "Jump" in this category as it is so keyboard driven and really didn't highlight what Eddie can do - I'm sure they could have found something where he is actually playing a guitar throughout the whole song.



Part four: Greatest Frontman... Well rounded list, but they had a lot to choose from. Roger Daltrey should not have been number ten, though - he should have been higher... And how did they decided which Van Halen frontman to use??? David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar are from two different worlds and styles.

No comments: