Friday, July 20, 2012

Shapes of Things


"Time stand still-I'm not looking backBut I want to look around me nowSee more of the peopleAnd the places that surround me now 
Freeze this moment a little bit longerMake each sensation a little bit strongerExperience slips away..." ~ Neil Peart

Reflecting on the tragedy in Aurora, CO, today makes one think about how precious life is, how precious friendship is, and how precious family is.  I"m not going to discuss the tragedy, nor my thoughts on what happened, but to reflect for a bit.

I have great friends!!! I had great friends growing up, some keep in contact with me via Facebook, and some have decided my political views (or views in general) weren't of their liking so they cut me loose (their loss).  I have great friends who I met along life's path and glad I met them.  I have met a strong circle of friends on Twitter and enjoy conversations with them, too...

“Facebook is for friends that are now strangers. Twitter is for strangers that should be your friends."

Each day, I look forward to seeing what my friends have to say or what they are doing, whether it's the mundane or the funny or the sadness or joy.


No comments: