Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired [Facebook Rant 02/16/2014]

Begin Rant] "Henry Drummond: As long as the prerequisite for that shining paradise is ignorance, bigotry and hate, I say the hell with it."

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of it all. I don't understand why the so-called religious are so up in arms over same sex marriage. They choose one line in Leviticus for their hatred and bigotry, yet they ignore the other laws in that part of the "good book". What is is about one verse in Leviticus that turns these people in to fucking lunatics?? There are other lines in that book that are ignored and ignored often. The Jesus said “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)," so wouldn't all the laws be applicable to all??? So until these fucking delusional folk give up the pork, stop getting tattoos, cutting their hair, etc., they will always be fucking hypocritical shitstains in my eye.

Now, onto science. When the bible was written by illiterate goat herders in the Middle Eastern desert, they still thought the world was flat, and the sun revolved around the earth. There are those who feel this "book" is historical fact and the earth is 6-10,000 years old. If the "story" of creation is indeed "fact", it's missing a whole lot of information. The biggest question is this, and no one can give a straight answer for it (which convinces me it's all BULLSHIT: "God" created Adam and Eve. They had two sons. One son killed the other. Where did the one still alive get his wife??? Sorry, but I will side with science. Then this "god" floods the earth and some sheep herder is ordered to build an ark and put two of every kind on it, but there's no way he walked to seven continents to collect animals. More BULLSHIT and fairytales. 

Religion has been the reason for most wars because no one can decide whose god is better. I'm not here to tell you to stop believing in whatever you believe, but when your beliefs infringe upon the lives of others or impede progress in the sciences, I will stand up and shout. My rights are not "god given", but rather "Constitutuionally given". There is a reason god is not mentioned in out most sacred text - our founders knew the dangers of mixing religion and state. Just because your god forbids you to do something, doesn't mean those rules are meant for everyone. When you push your beliefs on others, you deserve to be pushed back on it. You have zealots like Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee pushing their beliefs on others just because they don't like gay marriage, states trying to push bullshit theories like "Intelligent Design" (which is a pretty sounding name for Creationism), and crackpots like David Barton trying to rewrite history in some far out way. This country is a melting pot of races, nationalities, religions and ideas - many don't see eye to eye, but that is what makes this country so unique. 

I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I still have the fight left in me, I won't back down, and I will stand up to any and all bullshit I see. You're free to believe what you believe in, and I am free to believe in what I believe - but in this country I am free to call it out. 

♫Quick to judge,
Quick to anger,
Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear
Walk hand in hand.♫ [End Rant]

No comments: