Thursday, June 27, 2013

Facebook Rant 06/26/2013

[Begin rant] I lost a friend today. No, not by death, but by stupidity. Stupidity on my part, No. As of about 330pm local time, I was unfriended on Facebook and blocked by this person on Twitter.

When someone comments on one of my posts, I expect some colorful language - it's a place everyone can vent, which I don't mind. When someone comments behind you, please don't assume it was directed at you. That's what happened today.

Well, a very uncalled for insult resulted (which I deleted). The person claimed it was an insult in the previous comment. I spoke to that person and it was confirmed that it was directed at the post and not the other commenter.

In the end, I got a text from the person saying I never have their back, I am an asshole and I'm blocked on here (not really, just unfriended) and blocked on the Twitter.

So, thus ends a two year friendship because rationality flew out the window and temper and stupidity took its place. [End rant]

Update for this blog:

Will I miss this person, yes.  After two years of chatting, and getting to know one another, we became very close friends.  Will I make the first move at reconciliation? I don't think so, as I feel I have done nothing wrong in this situation.  Will I talk to this person again? Well, that remains to be seen. Until then, I will wish them well.  

"The future disappears into memory
With only a moment between
Forever dwells in that moment
Hope is what remains to be seen"

No comments: