Monday, March 14, 2011

E-mails from crazy spammers…

I’m not quite sure how I get onto some mailing lists, but some how I do.  I’ve been receiving e-mails that sound more desperate that those of Ron Paul and his crazy band of crackpots.  These e-mails are from two different “gun rights” organizations.  I rarely read them and just delete them, but tonight I decided I would take a look at them.  But what I noticed were that they both had the same signature at the bottom of them – Alan M. Gottlieb.  The names of the two “groups” are Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms & Second Amendment Foundation.

From what I read, both read like something out of a bad Glenn Beck deluded dream. Help!!  They are going to take away my guns!!!  They want to release names of gun owners!!!  Not that I care about the last one, but in the 43 years I’ve been alive, I’ve never seen anyone take anyone’s guns away.  I’ve seen laws to restrict certain kinds of clips or bullets be banned, but no one has walked up to “Joe Hunter” and demanded he give up his shotgun.

After a quick internet search on the shrieking shrill who sent me these e-mails, I soon discovered the following from his Wiki page:

In 1984 Gottlieb was convicted of tax fraud and spent 8 months in a work release program. As a convicted felon, Gottlieb forfeited his right to own guns, but he regained that right in 1985 under a federal law allowing individuals of good character to apply for relief from that legal disability.

But what most distresses me about these e-mails were the blatant use of fundraising through the use of fear: 

“STOP THIS BEFORE IT SPREADS TO YOUR STATE... PLEASE SEND YOUR FAXES AND DONATIONS NOW!”

is what it reads in one.

In another:

Please CLICK HERE to donate to the Second Amendment Foundation as we continue to defend our Constitutional right to bear arms. Liberals have made it clear that they want to take away the rights of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves with firearms. WE CANNOT LET THIS CONTINUE. Criminals will always obtain weapons, but we cannot ban the average citizen the ability to obtain a firearm simply because liberals think that will somehow reduce violence.

We need your financial help to win this lawsuit and end this assault on our Second Amendment rights.

I get many e-mails from Progressive groups and Democratic pols, but they never sound so desperate that they need to beg.  These loons make it sound like the world will end if they don’t get your $5.  With some of the Ron Paul mailers, I really think the person who is typing it is either on the verge of desperation or tears. Help!!! The liberals are coming!!!  The Liberals are coming!!!  Give me a fucking break!!! 

Take it down a notch dudes – you’ll survive!!!  Take a deep breath, and let it out.  You’ll drive yourself crazy before you drive us progressives crazy….

 

AC/DC – Shoot To Thrill

1 comment:

Laurie J. said...

You said it all Pauly, no one can really top that. Very insightful.